There’s a lot of talk about serverless and DevOps, but what’s it like doing these things in production?
My guest Robb Schiefer is a .NET developer and Microsoft MVP.
He’s using AWS Lambda in production at a healthcare company, and employing DevOps principles to keep applications and services running.
- Why the organization went serverless instead of using PaaS or containers
- Serverless benefits, including scale, consumption-based pricing, and no OSs to upgrade
- The decision to go with AWS Lambda over Azure Functions
- Why they went with Azure DevOps as the tool suite
- How they use AWS CloudFormation for infrastructure provisioning
- The challenges of running serverless in production
DotNet Catch – Robb Schiefer’s blog