CI/CD: You’ve seen it in literature, heard it on podcasts, and you have a vague notion of what it might be.
Now you’re being asked to help the development team put together an automated delivery process for their cloud application. Suddenly CI/CD is not an abstract concept, but an immediate and imminent reality.
How do you get your head around continuous integration and delivery? How do you select a toolset to accomplish your goals? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?
CI/CD is the topic for this episode of Day Two Cloud. My guest is Nathaniel Avery, a Senior Solutions Engineer for a government contractor.
- Just what CI/CD means
- The range of tools, such as Jenkins and GitHub, that go into a CI/CD toolset
- Details on the app being built
- Nathaniel’s role in developing a CI/CD pipeline
- Operational challenges and successes
- The role of group dynamics
Not Your Dad’s IT – Nathaniel Avery’s Blog