Today’s Day Two Cloud episode explores network automation through the lenses of infrastructure as code and CI/CD pipelines.
As network automation permeates organizations, does it make sense for network engineers to adopt more developer-like processes, methods, and tools?
Can you successfully automate your infrastructure without elements such as code repositories and a CI/CD processes?
Our guests for this conversation, sponsored by Cisco, are Carl Moberg, Senior Director of Product Management at Cisco; and Kristian Larsson, who has dual roles at Cisco and Deutsche Telekom.
- Infrastructure as code as a valid concept
- Whether network engineers will really use CI/CD pipelines in network automation
- How many developer tools or concepts need to be embraced by operations teams
- Building a CI/CD tool chain
- How to select tools based on your specific requirements
- How version testing becomes a welcome safety net instead of a pain-in-the-butt task
- Grappling with the cultural and process changes
Robust Network Automation – Kristian Larsson on YouTube
Cisco Network Services Orchestrator (NSO) – Cisco Systems