Today’s Day Two Cloud podcast focuses on third-party cloud storage. While the big cloud providers have native storage offerings, there may be times when you want an alternative.
Our guest is Stephen Foskett, a longtime storage analyst and founder of Tech Field Day and Gestalt IT. He discusses why third-party storage in the cloud is viable, describes common enterprise use cases, and examines key issues including performance, data management, and operations.
We talk about:
- What third-party means in context of the cloud
- Why a cloud provider’s offering may not meet your needs
- Pros and cons of both cloud-native and third-party storage options
- The essential role of data management
- Cloud gateways
- Performance and administration challenges
Illumio is a leader in security segmentation. Prevent the spread of breaches and meet regulatory compliance requirements inside your data center and in your cloud environments. Find out more at www.illumio.com.