Today’s Day Two Cloud delves into how and why to build a private cloud that functions as well as a public cloud. We examine the design and operational challenges of assembling and operating cloud infrastructure on premises.
Our guest is Bryan Sullins, Senior Systems Engineer for a large retailer.
- NIST’s definition of private clouds
- Automating all the things (hardware, software, OSs, etc.)
- Key platforms including Ansible, Morpheus, and Kubernetes
- The role of self-service
- How building a private cloud affected the infrastructure team
- Planning, design, and implementation
- Have a test lab.
- Have a defined process and document it.
- Many tools used in this deployment are open source. You can start tomorrow.
ThinkingOutCloud.org – Bryan Sullins’ Web site