Welcome to the Day Two Cloud podcast. There’s a lot of hype and fanfare around Kubernetes, but on today’s show we’ll cut through the hype with a guest who has enterprise experience with Kubernetes and containers–including the pain and problems.
As you might expect, those pains revolve around complexity, the ignorance of the Kubernetes platform, and the disconnect between the designers of Kubernetes and the people trying to use it now.
- The pace of container adoption
- Why networking remains a challenge
- Orchestration alternatives to Kubernetes
- Services, storage, security
- Evangelist vs. advocate
- Is Kubernetes the Nickelback of technology?
- Containerization is inevitable, but not necessarily removing virtualization/cloud
- Kubernetes is winning the scheduler war
- Enterprise container schedulers are in the primary phase and will evolve in the next phase over the coming 2 years
Simplify your cloud infrastructure with Linode’s Linux virtual machines and develop, deploy, and scale your modern applications faster and easier. Linode has 11 global data centers and provides 24/7/365 human support with no tiers or hand-offs regardless of your plan size. Get started on Linode today with a $100 in free credit for listeners of Day 2 Cloud podcast. You can find all the details at linode.com/day2cloud.
Tech Bytes: Riverbed
Stay tuned for a Tech Bytes conversation with Riverbed where we discuss a customer tale of latency and its impact on network performance when moving applications to cloud. Our guests are Aly Walowski and Jack Sweeney from Riverbed.
@discoposse – Eric Wright on Twitter