Today on Day Two Cloud, we talk about new ways of thinking about security for cloud. As organizations adopt cloud services, they’re applying on-prem security designs to cloud. Our guest is here to argue that this doesn’t work, and that you need a different approach.
Our guest is Adeel Ahmad, Implementation Services Lead at Hashicorp. This is not sponsored show, and Adeel is speaking for himself.
- The mistaken assumption that cloud security operates the same as on-prem
- Why identity controls are essential to get right
- Focusing on risk
- Compliance complications
- Hybrid and multi-cloud security challenges
- Aim for architectural simplicity of the platform (allows for scale).
- Aim to reduce operational complexity (or avoid operational hazards) – (allows for distributed self-service cloud provisioning).
- Understand the principle (business or compliance) risk and question whether stipulated controls add any value.
Check out Aviatrix’s Flight Training to learn about multi-cloud networking and security. It’s worth your time if you’re defining your company’s multi-cloud strategy or want to nail down your Aviatrix Certified Engineer certification. Get details and register at aviatrix.com/flight-training.
@devops_adeel – Adeel Ahmad on Twitter