Microsoft’s Azure Arc is a service that lets you deploy Azure resources on any infrastructure—Azure cloud and on-prem—and link that infrastructure to the Azure portal for a single point of management. It provides configuration, monitoring, and more for Windows and Linux servers, SQL servers, and Kubernetes (K8s) clusters whether they are local or in the public cloud. Microsoft is positioning Azure Arc to support hybrid cloud initiatives.
- Azure’s approach to hybrid cloud
- Hybrid cloud challenges
- How Azure Arc fits into other Azure offerings
- What you need on-prem and in the cloud to use Azure Arc
- Pricing issues
- The future is hybrid – for most of us at least. Find a way to deal with that!
- Simplicity is king – automation is a big part of that simplicity
- Look into infrastructure as code
- Use k8s (You’ll get it when you start looking into Azure Arc-enabled data services.)
Sponsor: Juniper Apstra
Apstra’s Intent-Based solution simplifies data center network deployment, operations, and management from Day 0 through Day 2. It delivers automation and continuous validation of your data center network in multi-vendor environments. The result is savings on downstream costs and exponentially more value from your network investments. Find out more at juniper.net/packetpushers/apstra.
@bweissman – Ben Weissman on Twitter
Deploying Azure Resources Using Bicep – Pluralsight