Welcome to Day Two Cloud. While it might be a cliche to say that automation is a journey, it’s also true. And if you want your journey to be successful, you have to prepare. On today’s show we talk about groundwork you can lay to implement infrastructure automation or Infrastructure as Code (IaC). And this isn’t just about tools and training (though we do also discuss these). There are organizational, team, and personal elements required to help people to incorporate automation into their daily work.
Our guest is Sebastian Maniak. He’s an entrepreneur, consultant, and educator at Maniak Ventures.
- Preparing people for the career adjustments that come with infrastructure automation
- How to build trust and overcome objections
- Getting engineers to loosen their grip on manual processes
- Why visibility is essential for infrastructure automation
- The importance of a version control system
- Tool recommendations
- Infrastructure-as-code development environments
An award-winning strategic partner of Google Cloud and AWS, DoiT works alongside more than 3,000 customers to save them time and money. Combining intelligent software with expert consultancy and unlimited support, DoiT delivers the true promise of the cloud at peak efficiency with ease, not cost. Their technology is backed by deep multicloud expertise in the analytics, optimization and governance of cloud architecture, as well as specializations in Kubernetes, AI, and more. Learn more at doit.com.
Maniak.io – Sebastian’s blog
@SebbyCorp – Sebastian Maniak on X